- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 Kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 3 (2)inch pieces lemongrass, bruised to help release the flavor
- 2-3 (1)inch pieces of fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1-2 Thai chili peppers, thinly chopped (optional)
- 1 cup shiitake or oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, thinly sliced (may substitute shrimp)
- 2-3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (optional)
1. Bring all ingredients to (including chili peppers if using) to a boil.
2. Reduce to a simmer and let it cook for about an hour or so to really get those flavors melding.
3. Add in the mushrooms and coconut milk. Bring to a simmer.
4. Add in the chicken and simmer until chicken is cooked through.
5. Finish off with some cilantro and extra chili peppers (optional) and enjoy!
Thank you to Paleo Comfort Foods for this yummy Paleo winter soup.