- 1 cup packed pitted Medjool dates (13-14 large)
- 1/4 cup hulled hemp seed
- 1/4 cup chia seed
- 1/4 cup sesame seed
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut **omit if you need to avoid nuts/coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 scoop Jay Robb egg white protein powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup raw cacao nibs (or mini dark chocolate chips)
Add dates into processor and process until a chunky paste forms.
Add in the hemp, chia, sesame, cocoa, *coconut, vanilla, cinnamon, protein powder and salt. Process until thoroughly combined. Pulse in the cacao nibs. The dough should be sticky when pressed between your fingers. If it’s not sticky enough to shape into balls, add a small amount of water (a teaspoon at a time) and process until it comes together.
Shape dough into small balls (about 16) and roll the top half of each in the remaining coconut flakes. Freeze for 20 minutes or so until firm. Store leftovers in the fridge until your next snack attack hits.
Thank you to Oh She Glows for these sweet treats!